Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), DWH Surveyors Limited is classified as Data
Controllers. This means that we decide how your personal data is processed.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
If you have any queries about how we use personal data or, in the event of a complaint, in the first
instance contact our Data Protection Officer at:
Address: DWH Surveyors Ltd, Cart Lodge 2, Bourne Road, West Bergholt, CO6 3EN
Phone: 01206 242 009
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or
indirectly identified from the information.
• personal details such as name, home address, other address, email address, phone number/s.
Where we collect personal information?
• Direct from you, your agents or professional advisers, other representatives or information you
have made public
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the purpose of providing you with professional property advice.
We will only use your personal data to fulfil a legal or contractual obligation, or where you agree to
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep information only for as long as we need it to, to comply with legal and professional
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal data, in the normal course of supplying our Service, with:
• Claims handlers and loss adjusters
• Regulators, Law Enforcement and the Financial Ombudsman Service
We do not sell your personal data to any Third-Party.
Transfer of personal data abroad
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
• object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable
to (the right to object)
• ask us to update or correct your personal data to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
• ask us to delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the original
purpose (the right to be forgotten)
• ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (the right of
• ask for a copy of your personal data we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject
• ask for a copy of your personal data, so it can be used for your own purposes (the right to data
• complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel your personal data has
been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance
• ask us, at any time, to stop processing your personal data, if the processing is based only on
individual consent (the right to withdraw consent)
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact Dominic West, our Data Protection Officer.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
If we make changes to this notice we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity.